The Primary Care Team is responsible for delivery of the Primary Care Strategy, which includes the development and transformation of primary care (a national NHS initiative to improve access to GP services), improving information technology in primary care and setting the prescribing budget for member practices.
The team works closely with the GP Membership Board to make sure that members are engaged with the CCG and are able to provide regular feedback on the work that is taking place.
Stafford and Surrounds CCG will adopt a programmed approach to transforming primary care across six areas:
- To maintain and improve quality in primary care through the development of effective, efficient and innovative primary care services.
- To develop a more integrated primary care operating model that strengthens the role of general practice to improve quality, creates capacity and capability and ensure that more people can receive care in their communities.
- To develop new ways of commissioning primary care services that maximise capacity, innovation and resources.
- To deliver a coordinated Information Management and Technology programme for General Practice that facilitates the sharing of records through integrated systems, delivers efficiency and productivity benefits for General Practice and the wider health system and uses new technology to improve patient outcomes.
- To maximise the skills and experience that exist in general practice through education and workforce development.
- To ensure high quality, evidence-based and safe prescribing that reduces waste and optimises patient outcomes.