As Easter approaches health chiefs are reminding patients to be prepared and to check what medications they need to order their prescriptions in advance of the Bank Holiday weekend.
University Hospitals of North Midlands will be presenting the summary report and key recommendations from the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health’s (RCPCH) report into Children’s Emergency Services at County Hospital. This will be presented at the public Board meeting alongside the proposed action plan on Monday 03 April at 1pm at 2017 at the Royal Stoke University Hospital.
In the meantime, UHNM continues to ask the public to use the Minor Injuries Unit for under-16s at County Hospital appropriately. The Unit should only be used for head injuries, limb injuries, wounds, sprains, bruises, fractures. Parents of children who are severely unwell/injured should call 999.
Find out more by visting the UHNM website.
GP online services allow you to access a range of services via your computer or mobile device. Once you have signed up to the service, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online with a GP or nurse
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP health record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
The service is free. Everyone who is registered with a GP can have access to their practice's online services. It is quick and easy to use, anywhere and at anytime. It is secure and only available to patients who signed up for it and received their log-in details.
If you want to register for GP online services you will need to fill out a form at the surgery and show two forms of ID one of which should have a photo (such as a UK passport or driving licence) and the other should have your address (such as a council tax bill). If you don’t have photo ID or anything with your address on it, it doesn’t mean you will not be able to use online services, our practice staff may be able to help.
To register for GP online services, drop in and ask your GP practice, or to find out more visit the NHS Choices website at www.nhs.uk/GPonlineservices
If you are not yet registered with a GP practice see our information about how to register with a GP practice.
More Articles ...
- STP Transformational Goals
- Let's Work Together training modules
- Healthwatch Staffordshire Needs Ambassadors
- Health commissioners sign pledge to promote staff mental health
- Be Clear on Cancer - Abdominal Symptoms
- ‘There’s no place like home’ for a quicker recovery and to ease the pressure on local hospital services
- South Staffordshire service helping older people to stay healthy and independent
- If your child is ill over Christmas will you know where to go?
- Order your repeat prescriptions but think before you tick the box
- Publication of Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Sustainability and Transformation Plan